Today marks my 1 year anniversary at Gobbler.
It’s odd… I’m in my late twenties and this is only the second job where I have stay for longer than year, the other being at Line 6. But I’m going to tell you a secret… I quit there, three times.
I was going to write a long essay on work ethic and why I prefer working at a start up, culture, blah, blah… but as many know I’m direct and to the point.
- I get to try out great audio software (sometimes even before it’s announced)
- I get to give direct feedback to these companies.
- I get to talk to great audio engineers and creative professionals
- I get to create music to test and design work flows.
- I get to solve a problems that I had when I was a freelancer, I know the pain points.
- I get to do what I’m good at with no overbearing managers.
To quote Walter White:
I did this for me. I liked it. I was good at it. And I was really — I was alive.
Now, if you’ll excuse me… I’m going back to work.